• All material for this course is online.
This website links to all the information you need.
This is a 6 credit self-study course.
There are no lectures and no tutorials.
• If you need help, use the online discussion forum.
Your comments and questions are welcome!
If you need more help, contact one of the course tutors.
• The Midterm is on Thursday 8 March 2012.
This is during Reading week.
No makeup midterm is planned.
Do not take this course if you know that you cannot attend the Midterm.
• You are permitted to discuss problems sets with others.
However, you must write the problem sets by yourself.
Do not copy the work of anyone else.
Do not let others copy your work.
If you copy, or permit others to copy,
you may fail the course.
• Handing in Assignments:
Submit your problem set to Ms. Loletta Li in Main Building 312.
Make sure your problem set is timestamped.
Do not submit assignments by email.
Late penalty: 10% for each day late.
• This course is not open to students who have
taken PHIL1006, PHIL1008 or PHIL2510.
This course is not open to students who are
taking PHIL2006 or PHIL2008.
• We do not permit students to drop the course after
the add/drop period.
10% Problem set 1
10% Problem set 2
10% Problem set 3
10% Problem set 4
20% Midterm quiz
one hour long, during Reading Week on Thursday 8 March
40% Final exam
one hour long, during the examination period in May